Many of you may already know about Pioneer Woman recipes Food Network. The recipes are very diverse. Mexican Rice Casserole is perhaps one of the Pioneer Woman recipes that everyone raves about.
- 4 cups rice, long grain white rice is traditional
- 8 cups chicken broth, low sodium is preferable
- 2 cans of whole tomatoes or 1 pound of fresh tomatoes
- 1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon flavorless oil like canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, if using regular salt use less
- 1 teaspoon grounded black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1½ cups Cheddar, shredded. You can substitute Cheddar with Monterey Jack or other hard cheese with creamy taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil inside a large oven-safe pan or Dutch oven then sauté garlic and onion until translucent for around three to four minutes.
- Lower the heat then add rice. Mix rice thoroughly with oil, garlic, and onion but be careful not to let it burn. Continue cooking for about three minutes.
- Add tomatoes and grounded seasonings into the pan then stir for two minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth then stir until it reaches boiling point. Lower the heat, cover pan with a lid, then let rice simmer for around ten to fifteen minutes. The rice should not be fully cooked.
- Scatter shredded Cheddar on top of the rice then bake inside preheated oven at 375ºF with lid off. It should take around fifteen minutes for the rice to be fully cooked and cheese melted.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and it is ready to be served.
Pioneer Woman recipes Food Network are representations of American cuisine. They are easy to cook and suitable for social gathering. The best Pioneer Woman recipes above for example can serve up to twelve people. It takes around fifty minutes to follow this recipe, from the start to finish.
Whether for entertaining many people or cooking for a small group, this recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Look out for other Pioneer Woman recipes Food Network of comfort food.— April 30, 2018